Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pear-Shaped Hill

Illustrated by Bernice Myers
Written by Irving A. Leitner
Copyright 1960


Hobo Divine said...

Thank you sooooo much for these beautiful and generous posts!!!
You are an absolute angle... wait a minute... I mean angel sorry angel!



Freckled Derelict said...

Thanks! I'm so glad you enjoy them as much as I do!

Steve C said...

Thank you, this book was probably the first book I ever owned. Very nice to read it again.

Mr. Moose said...

I am holding my copy of Pear-Shaped Hill as I post here. Just like this book I came in to existance in 1960. I am sure I had the book on my shelf before I was five. It made me the hopeless romantic I am today. My kids have grown up hearing this as a bedtime story.

Mark Pope said...

"Pear-Shaped hill" was the first book that I ever read. The confidence it left me with was life-directing. I am not sure how old I was when I read it, but I was reading Dickens by 5th grade. Another interesting tid-bit . . . I am a mid-westerner and eventually married my wife of 20 years who was from Seattle. Yep, two different sides of the hill. I was teaching and mushing dogs in Alaska and she was working with bird rescue and rehab. Still gives me chills to think about it. Have a great life everyone.